UCSF Summer Research Training Program
The SRTP provides undergraduate and master’s students with the opportunity to conduct research in the biological and biomedical sciences and make them more competitive candidates for Ph.D. programs. Students are supported in this program by funds from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, NSF’s Alliances for Graduate Education and the Professoriate, Genentech, the University of California Office of the President, and the UCSF Graduate Division
University of California, San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
US Citizens or Permanent Residents
• Students with a desire to pursue a Ph.D., or M.D.-Ph.D.
• Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or master’s degree program who will have completed at least 4 semesters or 4 quarters of college work at the start of the summer program and have prior research experience
• Non-graduating seniors, seniors who do not plan to begin graduate study in the fall immediately following graduation, and continuing master’s students.
• Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher are eligible for the Amgen Scholars Program
• Underrepresented minority, socio-economically disadvantaged, first-generation college students, and students with limited access to research laboratories are particularly encouraged to apply
• Prior research can be an asset, but is not required