The Vanderbilt Summer Science Academy (VSSA)
• Students will conduct a research project during the summer under the supervision of a Vanderbilt faculty preceptor.
• Students will have the opportunity to interact socially and academically with students working in similar summer programs.
• Students will have the opportunity to network with Vanderbilt students and faculty, and present their project at a research symposium held at the end of the summer session.
• Students will attend weekly seminars to learn more about “cutting edge” biomedical research issues, ethics, science outreach, and making good scientific presentations. Students will also attend several GRE preparatory seminars designed to help student achievement on the Graduate Record Exam.
Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN)
U.S. citizen or permanent resident
• Students should have a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
• Students should have a strong desire to pursue an advanced degree (Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D).
• Eligibility requirements vary by program. Please see each program’s home page to determine the prerequisites.
• The Academy is open to all. Students of an underrepresented ethnic background (African-American, Hispanic-American, Native-American), are strongly encouraged to apply.