Committee on Institutional Cooperation Summer Research Opportunities Program
The Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP) is a gateway to graduate education at CIC universities. The goal of the program is to increase the number of underrepresented students who pursue graduate study and research careers. SROP helps prepare undergraduates for graduate study through intensive research experiences with faculty mentors and enrichment activities.
Around 11 different schools in the United States. See website for details.
Must be a citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S.
* Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (4.0 scale)
* Be enrolled in a degree-granting program at a college or university in the United States, Puerto Rico, or other U.S. territory
* Have completed at least two semesters of undergraduate education
* Have at least one semester of undergraduate education remaining after completing the program
* Have a strong interest in pursuing a Ph.D.